Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Pity Party is Over

So, these kids are likely coming sooner than I hoped.  I've decided to quit whining and get ready for their arrival.

A few weeks ago I posted a list of all of the things that still needed to be done.  Honestly, we've crossed off just about nothing from that to-do list.  A large part of that is because The Husband has been working a lot lately, so there hasn't been time for him to do much of it.  The other part is because I've been essentially on bedrest so the most helpful thing I've done is nag.  And that, shockingly, is not getting anything accomplished.

Here's what has to be done ASAP:
  • Pack a go-bag
  • Purchase two Rock 'n Plays (I think these will be easier to handle than your traditional bassinet)
  • Buy a carseat
  • Buy a couple of premie outfits and lots of newborn sleepers (and then do laundry)
  • Buy new nipples for our bottles and a new bottle and nipple brush
  • Buy diapers
We still need to prepare the nursery, but given that they will be sleeping in my room for awhile, I will not stress about the lack of movement in that area.

I'm going to do some of this online today.  What am I missing from the list of absolute essentials that my babies will need (keeping in mind that I have the basics from Zachary)?

Btw, we're 33 weeks along today.  Here's a picture to commemorate the moment (although I don't think it really does justice to the awesomeness of this belly):


P.S.  The results of the GJOP are in:  No preeclampsia for me yet.  My protein level is within normal limits, so right now, it's just high blood pressure.  That's pretty good news.


2 comments:

  1. That belly is BEAUTIFUL! And I need to point out that your arms are skinny!! This bodes well for the post-pregnancy figure, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I found that Bouncy chairs -- the regular ole, basic Bouncies -- were invaluable when it came to bottle-feeding two babies at the same time. You might want to consider those, if you think you might supplement with bottles.
    Happy 33 weeks, mama!! You are doing so good!!

    ReplyDelete