Friday, April 27, 2012

I Am NOT Cute

I've been asked for pregnancy photos, and after looking at a few from yesterday, I can definitely say it:  I am not cute.  I don't say that with sadness or regret or with the junior-high-type hope that you'll tell me differently; I say it as a statement of current fact.  I say it because I know that if I was a guest speaker at high schools, I could pretty much end teenage pregnancies.  ("You want to look like this?!  Hmmm???  Well, do you??!")


I am the ugly face of pregnancy.  But it's okay.  Really, I am truly happy.  Sure, I'm uncomfortable because I'm freakin' giant, and yeah, it would be nice to be one of those adorable pregnant women who just gain weight on their bellies instead of all over (yeah, I'm pointing at you, Tanika), but this is what third-trimester pregnancy looks like on me.  Twenty-nine weeks, to be precise.

I have the awesome job of creating a home for two babies whose tiny little faces I'll get to see in two months.  These babies are my family.  They are children that I will love with the depth and craziness that comes with motherhood.  Soon we'll struggle to remember a life without them.  And that is a pretty damn beautiful thing.

So for now, it's okay that I'm not cute.  My body has bigger concerns. 

But once this is over, I'm gonna be smokin'!

1 comment:

  1. OK, crazy woman. I need you to check your eyes and all the mirrors in your house, because you are CUTE!! Seriously, I'm not just saying that. You look totally cute! And not HUGE at all! I expected you to look much bigger, the way you were going on and on. I only see belly! Where's the flabby arms? Where's the double chin?? Helllooo. You are such a cutie! I love it! I really wish we were closer so you could have actually seen me pregnant. I was not as cute as you would make me out to be, dear. Truly.
    Anyway, I love this post. It's true. You are going to be so rich with love, it's not even going to be fair to the rest of the lovelorn world! And, remember -- girls steal your beauty while you're pregnant. So if you really feel ugly, then you know your daughter is gonna be STUNNING.

    ReplyDelete