Monday, April 16, 2012

A Belated Post

I'm cheating a bit in this post by posting some pictures from the weekend before last. But it's good stuff!

First, Zachary got a new present. We needed something in the backyard that could keep him occupied while I kept my gigantic body in a chair on the deck. He's not quite big enough for those cool wooden playsets, so I was looking for a little plastic one. But even those are really expensive! Ultimately, I found one on Craigslist. It normally retails for around $400, but I got it for $45! I'm so proud of me. And Zachary LOVED it.
Yep, that was him in his PJs and boots. It was the Best Day Ever! (But to be fair, any day that he can go outside or spend some time without pants is the Best Day Ever. Love this age!)
I like to think that he was so grateful, it led to what happened next: "Fowers for mama!"

It might not look like much, but it took him about 20 trips back and forth to a tree where he found these "fowers" in order to make this bunch for me. Each time he'd deliver a flower or stick with a kiss, then go running back to the tree, saying, "Need more!" (Did I mention that I love this age?)

And it can't be a cheating retrospective post without a few pictures of my handsome boys on Easter.
Here's my little guy, waiting to go to church.
He then had to put up with pictures outside. He cooperated. Mostly.

My boys. Aren't they terribly handsome?

1 comment:

  1. $45?!?! You are my new shopping guru! Please, please take me under your wing and help me find awesome stuff for 10-cents, like you just did with that outdoor-thingy. Wow. That is a seriously cool find.
    Also -- GEEZ LOUISE Zachary is gorgeous. That suit pic? Oh. Em. Gee. Please invest in a shotgun for the ho-breezies who will be knocking on your door in 5, 4, 3...

    ReplyDelete