Tuesday, February 12, 2013

We interrupt this gush fest to talk about two things that suck

First, my mama left on Sunday.  I can't tell you how much that sucks.  I'm sure she was all "get-me-the-hell-outta-here" by then, because the woman works like a dog around my house.  Honestly, that's not my doing, and I've tried to get her to relax and just hang out with the kids, but it's not in her nature.  No, no, she must take care of all of my children, clean, cook, and clean some more.  And when she's watching three kids and I'm just downstairs working, will she understandably call me to help occasionally?  Nope.  Not even once.  She had it all under control.

DSC_0551
Yes, that is her feeding three children at the same time.

DSC_0618

But even if she didn't do all of those things, just having her around to be a grandma is a pretty awesome thing, you know? 

(This video is threatening not to work.  If it doesn't, imagine lots of giggles.)

So it sucks that she left.  But Zachary keeps calling her and Parta and asking them to come back to his house.   In the face of that sweet plea, I'm thinking they're not going to be able to stay away for long.  Ha!


Next, I was all gushy about Tanika yesterday, but I forgot to mention the one thing that sucked about her.  When she was here, she kept saying, "I love your hair," "I wish I had your hair," and the like.  And each time, I'd turn around to say, "Thank you," but she'd be talking to Zachary.  Now, not to take anything away from my son, but, c'mon.  Her failure to appreciate the glory of my hair?  Well, let's just call that a character flaw.  (Yeah, I realize that she attempted to rectify this with her post about me, but it's too little, too late, sister!)


2 comments:

  1. Ummm, have you SEEN Zachary's hair? Have you run your hands through its lusciousness? Your hair is great, don't get me wrong. But his hair, your beautiful color and thickness mixed with the slight coarseness of his Dad's, makes for the kind of texture and awesomeness Beyonce would pay thousands for to have sewn into her head. It feels like mink! Get over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? Right there. You just don't get it, Tanika. You don't get it.

      Delete