Friday, November 9, 2012

They're baaaack!


I bet you didn't even realize they were gone, did you?  

The Husband, Roar, and Zachary went on a whirlwind road trip to Florida this week.  Because the Husband only had a few days off, they had to squeeze a lot into a very short amount of time.  So was I sad that I missed fifteen hours each way in a car with three (flatulent) boys?  Um, no. 

First, they said goodbye to Uncle Horace who passed away from cancer a couple weeks ago.
Uncle Horace (center) in Cuba in 1955.  We will forever miss you.
We love you, Aunt Lil.
Then, Zachary experienced the beach for the first time.  He chased birds, saw a submarine, built sandcastles, froze in the ocean water, and loved every second of it (okay, the birds, not so much).


 Zachary also experienced a pool for the first time and played miniature golf with Nonna.
Me thinks the water must have been cold.  (You will notice that the Husband's beard is back, but to answer what I'm sure you're wondering: No, mocking has no effect on either the Husband or the beard.)
Nonna apparently did not know how to golf.  Luckily, Zachary was there to show her how.  Here he is, clearly exasperated that despite his instruction, she still is not using proper form.
Finally, they went to Disney World, and I'm so glad they went so that I didn't have to.  I hate it so much.  So, so much.
Here are my boys, learning Disney's lesson that they are just not strong enough.
The Husband, Zachary, Roar, Nonna, Pop, and Aunt Helen -- all putting on brave faces and pretending that they're not in hell.
Welcome back, boys!

2 comments:

  1. Your captions are hysterical! Have I ever told you that you crack me up? You do -- and I so love you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know it's unAmerican to hate anything Disney. SSSSHHHH! I won't tell, cause secretly I think I might be in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete