Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happy moments

Three moments made me happy yesterday:

(1) Conor fell asleep without being rocked, and while lying on a flat surface.  And even though he slept for only three minutes, this moment gave me hope for the upcoming move to his crib.

(2) I dressed Samantha in a dress and with a bow in her hair.  Given my prior trepidation about any and all things girly, I see some real growth on my part. 
(3) A fine moment for gender equality during a 3 am conversation:

(The Husband has just elicited a very loud, highly satisfying, and often-elusive burp from Conor.)
The Husband:  Did you hear that?
Me (as I'm attempting unsuccessfully to burp Samantha):  Yep.  Are you trying to make me jealous?
The Husband:  No, just wanted you to know that's how we roll.
(Samantha emits a very loud, probably highly satisfying, not-terribly-elusive fart.)
The Husband (in horror): Samantha!
Me:  Oh, you heard that?  'Cuz that's how WE roll.
. . .
The Husband (to Conor): Girls are gross.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Conor is the most adorable child to ever grace the Earth. That sleeping picture makes me so happy! Question: If he doesn't sleep in a crib, where does he (they?) sleep?
    2. Awww, I love Samantha's little dress and bow! Awwwwwww! Awwwww! and AWWWWWWW! Don't feel bad. I am actually somewhat girlie, and I have no idea what I'm doing with Clair. Don't ever tell her I told you this, but I fear she is my least attractive child, which makes me very sad. She's a GIRL fer crying out loud. She should be the prettiest! And also, it ups the ante for me to do better with the clothing, hair etc. Sigh. I am totally buckling under the pressure. Just FYI.
    3. LOVE!!!!!! Also -- HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially Samantha's response to your husband's bragging.

    ReplyDelete