Wednesday, August 22, 2012

By demand...

Give the people what they want, I say.  So here it is, by demand (Tanika, if I hear this on Radio Disney, I'm blaming you):

The Watermelon Song

Oh we lo-o-ove the watermelon
It's pink and sweet and oh-so-neat
Oh we lo-o-ove the watermellllon
'Cuz it's really, really good

Zachary and Mommy buy it from the store
When it's seedless and on sale
And when we cut into it and find seeds do we stop buying it anymore?
No no no no no no

Because we lo-o-ove the watermelon
It's pink and sweet and oh-so-neat
Yes we lo-o-ove the matermelllllon
Even when it has seeds it's not supposed to have.

I know, right?

1 comment:

  1. That is the most beautiful song I have ever read.
    I love this line: And when we cut into it and find seeds do we stop buying it anymore?
    It says so much about tolerance, acceptance and unconditional love. Sniff. Sniff. I long for the day when all fruits will have the same treatment as the watermelllllllon.
    Let freedom ring!

    ReplyDelete