Sunday, September 30, 2012

How to annoy your children

Step 1:  Make them stop whatever they are doing, and tell them to get dressed.  Now, now, now!!

Step 2:  Take them out into the bright sunlight, and attempt to take pictures facing into the sun.



Step 3:  Realize that step 2 was a bad idea, and then change locations.  Make sure to pose the children, and force smiles -- that always works.
Is it just me, or does this picture look like it's from the 70s?
Step 4:  Review pictures, and note the incredible number of pictures where (1) eldest son looks like he wants to kill parents while they sleep,

(2) middle son is uncooperative,

Stopping to take a Samantha-kissing break
This was what happened when I tried to take pictures of Samantha and Conor alone (Zachary was telling Conor to smile)
Another Samantha-and-Conor picture crashed
and (3) eyes are closed,

and announce that there was not one good picture, so pictures will be taken again next weekend and there better be natural smiles next time, dammit.  And no blinking!

 Step 5:  Abandon all others to mess with daughter, until she must take evasive action and spit up on outfit to discourage further picture taking.

It made me sick to see that this was so badly out of focus
Alas, not all was lost -- before the puking, I captured this picture of my girl, looking like she is from a different time.  Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. This had me laughing (loudly) out loud! At work. Thanks for tipping my boss off that I am not at all preparing for my 10:30 client meeting.
    Also, that one picture of Samantha is not *that* out of focus. Really. It's so cute, I wouldn't throw it out. I LOVE her outfit! You told me you would be a terrible girl-Mom, but you far outshine me in the dressing-your-daughter department! I feel terrible. Do you see what I had Clair in at the picnic?? I am ashamed. Also -- your kids are ADORABLE! Good Lord, you make some pretty kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that last photo is definitely worth all the hassle you went through :) and that is an adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete