Monday, September 24, 2012

On sleeping through the night and getting the money shot

As you know by now from all of my whining, there's not much sleeping going on in our household.  But "they" say that children start sleeping through the night (defined as a 5 hour period, usually from midnight to 5 am) around three months.  So when Samantha and Conor turned three months last week, I fully expected a good night's rest - that night.  It didn't happen.

However, on Friday and Saturday nights, something changed.  Conor went to sleep around 8 and didn't get up until around midnight, and Samantha slept from around 8 until 2 or 3 in the morning.  Now, if Zachary hadn't been sick and up every couple of hours, we could've gotten some rest.  Regardless, we were optimistic that things were headed in the right direction.

As you may know, however, there is one way to end baby-sleeping streaks, and that is to talk about them when they happen.  And I told enough people about these long periods of rest that it was really no surprise to me that last night, both Samantha and Conor woke up every three hours.

*sigh*

Before it all ended, because of some good rest, both babies were cooperative for a Sunday morning photo shoot.  I think I got a few money shots:

I LOVE this picture.  Isn't she just so angelic?
I finally was able to capture a smile from my sweetie pie!!  (This photo was taken about 45 minutes after the last.  It's interesting to me how much the lighting changed in my room during that short period of time.)

These ones are Conor outtakes, but I still love them:
Look at that sweet face!
This is typical Conor.
And my poor sick boy decided to crash another shoot, but I just couldn't say "no" to those big, tired eyes and runny nose:
Samantha is completely fascinated by her big brother.


2 comments:

  1. Seriously, can I just marry Conor?? I mean, that smile just makes me so happy!
    And Samantha is so sweet! That first picture of her is just perfection. This pains me to say, but Zachary is still my favorite. It's a VERY, VERY close tie for first, that's true. But he inches them out just by being so darn cute! Sorry Baby A and Baby B. My heart still belongs to Big Brother Z.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies almost makes me want more babies. I say almost cause cute and adorable can only cloud your mind so much! LOL!

    ReplyDelete