Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Best Day Ever (Part 973)

Yesterday, Zachary had the Best Day Ever.  When we were driving home from daycare, as is typical, we were singing over the sounds of screaming babies.  Then the crying stopped.

Zachary:  It's quiet!
Me:  I know, what happened?
Zachary:  I don't know!  Where did our babies go?

They were sleeping.  That made for the Best Ride Ever.

When we got home, we put Samantha and Conor in the stroller and took a walk.  While we were out, it started sprinkling, but we kept walking anyway.  We made it home and ducked into the garage just as it started to pour.  We stood there for awhile to watch the rain, and the babies waited patiently in their carseats.


Zachary kept inching closer to the outside.

Then I told him to run.  That made for the Best Day Ever.

My phone couldn't capture the giggles, and could barely capture the image of my son running through raindrops, but it's not a sound or sight that I'm soon going to forget.


 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi. Why did this make me cry? Please send reinformcements. I am clearly losing my EVER LOVING MIND. (So sweet! Oh, are our lives full of blessings!)

    ReplyDelete