Thursday, May 2, 2013

38

I have been so busy at work, so busy with babies, photography stuff, and cleaning, that I've been even more lax about posting.  (I haven't even had time to read blogs I love!)  And every time I go to post something that happened that day, I feel like I can't post until I catch up.  So then I end up posting nothing.  But I think I found the solution: You're going to get stuff out of order.  I'll start now.

Today I turned 38.  I'm not upset about that number.  I don't feel old.  I feel lucky to have what I have and who I have.  But it's not all good:  I feel tired and a bit lazy.  And fat.  I feel like I'm not taking care of myself. 

So this morning, I decided I would start 38 by exercising.  I was momentarily stymied (actually, I was stymied for almost an hour) as I weighed my need to exercise against my desire for a delicious Panera breakfast. 

I exercised.  Let's call that a win for 38.

An upside to fat:  Boobs.

Inside the box:  Awesome camera bag. 

Outside the box:  Silly boys, balloons, a somewhat messy (but oh-so-delicious) brownie and chocolate mousse dessert courtesy of the Husband and Roar, and lots and lots of tulips.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! I'm right behind you, next month!

    Love that you're in all these photos and that they made you a chocolaty dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Glad to see you in front of the camera instead of behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss your birthday?!? I feel terrible! Happy Birthday to one of my favorite people! You look like you had a great day and I'm so happy to see happy, smiling pictures of beautiful you! Also, I am jealous of your boobs, your brownie/mousse deliciousness and your exercising.

    ReplyDelete