Monday, May 13, 2013

Three

This weekend, my little Zachary turned three years old.  How old, buddy?

Zachary 3 Pt 2

To help celebrate, lot of family came into town:  Parti, Parta, Nonna, Pop, Aunt Sarah, and cousins Kayla, Angel, Bailey, and Brielle.  Zachary LOVED driving them around in his Jeep.

Jeep

I had a lot of trepidation leading up to this party.  We were lucky that a neighbor offered to bring a bounce house from work, and one of the moms of the kids invited to the party offered her gigantic water slide, but  these activities required great weather.  Thunderstorms were in the forecast.  I had no idea what I would do with all of these kids inside my small house.

Untitled
We had invited Zachary's buddies from daycare, Matthew and  David (a.k.a. Bestest Buddy of All Time)

At 9am when the forecast still called for party-time thunderstorms and the bounce house was canceled, we did the only things we could do:  We warned the parents to expect chaos, decorated to the hilt, and stocked up on fixings for cocktails.

Untitled

After raining all morning and into the afternoon, it finally stopped, and the party-time forecast changed to 75 degrees with a 0% chance of precipitation.  Game on.

Untitled
The water was so cold that it took a good 15 minutes to talk Zachary into getting into the pool.
Untitled



Untitled
Once he got in, he had so much fun that there was a near meltdown when it was time for him to get out despite the fact that he was shaking from the cold.

Samantha and Conor, on the other hand, had no qualms about the cold water.  Both of them wanted to sit and play in it.

Untitled

Untitled

When we finally tore the kids away from the water, we ate corndogs and chips, and got ready for Mickey Mouse cake and cake pops.  Here's my boy, so happy before blowing out the candles.

DSC_2337

He took a deep breath, got ready to blow out his candle, and (I'm not going to name any names here, but)...

Untitled

...MATTHEW...

Untitled

...leaned over and blew out the candle.  My sweetie only stared at the candle, and then me, in stunned silence. 

Untitled

Then he took out his frustrations on the pinata.

Untitled

Untitled
4-year old Bailey ended up knocking it off the rope, the Husband started attacking it to rip it open, and the kids swarmed (poor Lightening McQueen).  Zachary picked out two toys, and waited for the chaos to subside.
The party ended up being so much fun -- not just for Zachary, but for the adults as well, who enjoyed good company, laughing children (and cocktails).  I have rarely had the experience when I think that a kids' party was over too soon, but this one really was.

Untitled

Happy third birthday, my sweet, sweet little man.  I love you more than you will ever know. 

Zachary

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That photo of Zachary!!! That is the cutest frikkin' thing ever! He looks like a LITTLE BOY! A LITTLE BOY WHO SHOULD BE IN THE MINI BODEN CATALOG! I AM SCREAMING FROM THE CUTENESS!
    Happy birthday, Zachary! I read your book to the boys last night after their post-birthday mega-meltdowns, and they both thought it was hilarious that worms eat paper and that they don't have to take baths. Thank you for helping to end their fun-filled night with laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos!!! OMG, he's only *just* 3? For some reason I thought he was already 4 and older than my girl T. Wow, you sure do have your hands full, mama!! :)

    Glad to hear the party was fun. I am *not* a kid birthday party person, so all of T's parties so far have been mostly adults and about 4 other kids :D

    ReplyDelete