Friday, March 1, 2013

Brotherly love

I realized last week that I didn't have recent pictures that I LOVE of Roar and Zachary, so we went out on Sunday for a quick photo shoot.  I had planned on editing the pictures and posting them sometime this week, but of course life got in the way, and I'm still not done.

But something happened yesterday that makes me think that I need to post these now.  Even though these are not finished, I have to show you how much my two older boys love each other.  Hell, you're not going to frame these, so what do you care if they're not perfectly edited?  You'll get the gist.

So here's what happened.  Yesterday, our trusty daycare provider sent me this update:

I was feeding Samantha, and Conor was standing up playing with the new baby toy.  Zachary was playing on the other side of it, pushing buttons for Conor.  Conor lost his balance and fell and started crying.  I was getting ready to put Samantha down so I could get to him when Zachary said; “Conor!  Oh no!  Are you okay?  I’m so sorry, buddy.”  Then he very gently supported Conor’s head and lifted him into a sitting position and leaned down so they were eye level and again said; “You okay little buddy?”  Conor stopped crying, Zachary gave him a toy, then went on with his own business.  It was SO sweet!  I called Zachary over and told him how nice he was to help Conor that way and how proud I was of him.  It warmed my heart.  (You tearing up yet??).

Yes, I was tearing up, but it wasn't just because Zachary was so sweet.  It was because - those words?  That was 100% Roar.  Zachary is sweet and loving because his older brother is sweet and loving to him.

DSC_1244 

You know, I really worried about how Roar would handle siblings after being an only child for 13 years of his life, but he's embraced it and truly is an amazing big brother.    


DSC_1220

DSC_1178
DSC_1210

I think I could write 1000 "Lucky" posts and still not be able to express how lucky I am.  For now, I'll just say that I am touched and humbled by the fact that brotherly love is having a beautiful ripple effect in my family.  

Brothers
Brothers1
(Yes, I know Roar is ridiculously handsome and should be a model/actor.  And no, of course I'm not biased.  Anyone know a good agent??)
This just makes Friday's favorite photo even more special to me.  Here, I had asked Roar to crouch down to get closer to Zachary, but Zachary wanted to be just like his big brother.  I can only hope that he will be.

  DSC_1196

1 comment:

  1. sniffle. love these, and love the "leading by example" bit. You're doing a great job, mama.

    ReplyDelete