Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How to make a teenage boy smile for photos: A tutorial

In response to Candice's question, I thought I'd prepare a tutorial on how to make a teenager smile.  Here's what I've learned in the last couple of years:

(1) Do not interrupt feeding time.  Or video game time.  Or feeding time.  Or sleeping.  I realize that leaves only a small window of opportunity, so watch and wait.  Be patient.  And then pounce.

(2) Offer money.  Or a car.  Or food.

(3) "Say 'cheese'" is so passe.  I have great luck with boys aged 2 through 35 by suggesting "say 'poop'" or "say 'fart.'"  The following picture is courtesy of, "say 'boobie'!"

DSC_0155

(4)  Have a snack ready to offer in case you have to adjust your camera settings or if you dare move him. Now act quickly, dammit!!

I'm not going to suggest that it's easy, but it can be done.  I'm living proof.

1 comment:

  1. You are living proof as is Roar. I will take all of this and try it. If it works you will see more pictures of the teenager, if not I will stick with the girls.

    ReplyDelete