Thursday, June 14, 2012

Joy, Joy, Joy!!

It only took me an hour today, but at least I was able to login to blogger for the first time in several days.  Wooo hoooo!  I'm afraid that I might lose this connection, so I'll keep it short.

First, happy, happy, happy birthday to Parta!!  I still have vivid memories of him teaching me to ride my bike and to drive a stick shift, so it's hard to believe that he turned 70 today!  I told him that he's basically a spring chicken until 75, because "3/4 of a century" sounds old, but honestly, he'll always be young at heart and terribly immature to me.  Love you, dad.
This is one of the few pictures I had on my laptop, but look - even Zachary thinks that Parta is cute and cuddly!
Next, I am still in the hospital, but we hit 36 weeks today!  Again, woooo hooo!  My doctors didn't think I'd make it this long, given the blood pressure issues.  And I could still go into labor at any time.  But for now, we have a c-section scheduled for next Friday, June 22nd, and even though my blood pressures are creeping up, I'm still hoping I can hold out until then.  I thought for sure that I was in labor this morning when I awoke at 4 am with sharp, stabbing pain that took my breath away, but the pain subsided, and after drinking a lot of water, I didn't have any more contractions.  That is a very good thing, because I can't have these babies over the next four days -- mom flew back to Iowa on Tuesday, and although mom and dad are driving back here soon, they won't be here until Sunday night.  Cindy, my trusted friend and daycare provider who's presence gives me so much comfort because I know she'll take care of my boys in case of an emergency (childbirth or otherwise), has chosen this inopportune time to go to Michigan of all places.  Hmph, that woman can be so thoughtless sometimes!  So I need these kids to wait a little longer.

There's so much more to say, but it will have to wait until I have more trusted internet access.  For those of you who still check back in with me occasionally, thank you, and I miss you!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too!
    And YAY for 36 weeks!! I'm so proud of you! You are rockin' this twins-momma thing already!
    P.S. Happy Birthday Parta!!

    ReplyDelete